The FTS 430 is a current-driven omnidirectional approach light that identifies runway end or the acquisition of an active runway. It can be used as a simple runway end identifier light (REIL) or complete omnidirectional approach lighting system (ODALS) for runway alignment and runway threshold marking.
The flash head and power converter may be mounted together to form a single unit or separately to adapt to specific terrain needs.
- Powered and controlled by constant level current, in series line
- Longer flashtube life due to low voltage (±500VDC) required for operation
- May be set for single step or three-step intensity
- Compatible with air-to-ground radio controllers and ground-to-ground remote systems
- Modular design for easy maintenance
- Internal surge protection