Avlite Light Warranty
Activating the Warranty
Your product is covered under the below set warranty terms and conditions from the date of shipment. Please contact your local Sealite representative with your purchase details and serial numbers.
Avlite Systems will repair or replace your light in the event of electronic failure for a period of up to three years from the date of purchase. Avlite Systems will repair or replace industry compliant obstruction lights in the event of electronic failure for a period of up to five years from the date of purchase.
Avlite Systems will repair or replace any ancillary or accessory products in the event of failure for a period of up to one year from the date of purchase, as per the terms & conditions below. These accessory products include, but are not limited to, power supplies, hardware, control boxes and third-party equipment.
The unit must be returned to Avlite freight prepaid.
- Avlite Systems warrants that any Avlite aviation products integrated with a third party equipment including but not limited to AIS, GSM, GPS or RF (“Telemetry Products”) will be free from defective materials and workmanship under normal and intended use, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
- Avlite Systems warrants that any rotationally-moulded products (“Roto-Moulded Products”) and accessory products (“Accessory Products”) will be free from defective materials and workmanship under normal and intended use, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
- Avlite Systems warrants that any Avlite aviation products other than the third party Products, Roto-Moulded Products and Accessory Products (“Avlite Products”) will be free from defective materials and workmanship under normal and intended use, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
- Avlite Systems warrants that all obstruction industry compliant products will be free from defective materials and workmanship under normal and intended use, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
- Avlite Systems will repair or replace, at Avlite’s sole discretion, any Telemetry Products, Roto-Moulded Products, Accessory Products or Avlite Products found to be defective in material and workmanship in the relevant warranty period so long as the Warranty Conditions (set out below) are satisfied.
- If any Telemetry Products or Avlite Products are fitted with a rechargeable battery, Avlite Systems warrants the battery will be free from defect for a period of one (1) year when used within original manufacturer’s specifications and instructions.
This Warranty is subject to the following conditions and limitations;
- The warranty is applicable to lights manufactured from 1/1/2009.
- The warranty is void and inapplicable if:
a. the product has been used or handled other than in accordance with the instructions in the owner’s manual and any other information or
instructions provided to the customer by Avlite;
b. the product has been deliberately abused, or misused, damaged by accident or neglect or in being transported; or
c. the defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than Avlite or authorised Avlite repair personnel.
- The customer must give Avlite Systems notice of any defect with the product within 30 days of the customer becoming aware of the defect.
- Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Typical battery replacement period is 3-4 years. Long term exposure to high temperatures will shorten the battery life. Batteries used or stored in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturer’s specifications and instructions shall not be covered by this warranty.
- No modifications to the original specifications determined by Avlite shall be made without written approval of Avlite Systems.
- Avlite lights can be fitted with 3rd party power supplies and accessories but are covered by the 3rd party warranty terms and conditions.
- The product must be packed and returned to Avlite Systems by the customer at his or her sole expense. Avlite Systems will pay return freight of its choice. The customer must contact the local Avlite representative and obtain a Return Material Authority (RMA) number. All returned product must be accompanied by an RMA number. Sealite is unable to process warranty claims for the goods returned without the RMA number. On receipt of the product, Avlite Systems will assess the product and advise the customer as to whether the claimed defect is covered by this warranty. Avlite reserves the right to charge for our costs when a warranty is claimed but no defect can be found.
- Avlite Systems reserves the right to modify the design of any product without obligation to purchasers of previously manufactured products and to change the prices or specifications of any product without notice or obligation to any person.
- Input voltage shall not exceed those recommended for the product.
- Warranty does not cover damage caused by the incorrect replacement of battery in solar light models.
- This warranty does not cover any damage or defect caused to any product as a result of lack of maintenance, water flooding, sandstorm or any other acts of nature.
- There are no representations or warranties of any kind by Avlite or any other person who is an agent, employee, or other representative or affiliate of
Avlite, express or implied, with respect to condition of performance of any product, their merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, or with
respect to any other matter relating to any products.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by acts and regulations applicable in the country of manufacture, the liability of Avlite Systems under this Warranty will be, at the option of Avlite Systems, limited to either the replacement or repair of any defective product covered by this Warranty. Avlite Systems will not be liable to Buyer for consequential damages resulting from any defect or deficiencies in accepted items.
Limited to Original Purchaser
This Warranty is for the sole benefit of the original purchaser of the covered product and shall not extend to any subsequent purchaser of the product.
Apart from the specific warranties provided under this warranty, all other express or implied warranties relating to the above product is hereby excluded to the fullest extent allowable under law. The warranty does not extend to any lost profits, loss of goodwill or any indirect, incidental or consequential costs or damages or losses incurred by the purchaser as a result of any defect with the covered product.
Avlite Systems has authorised distribution in many countries of the world. In each country, the authorised importing distributor has accepted the responsibility for warranty of products sold by distributor. Warranty service should normally be obtained from the importing distributor from whom you purchased your product. In the event of service required beyond the capability of the importer, Avlite Systems will fulfil the conditions of the warranty. Such product must be returned at the owner’s expense to the Avlite Systems factory, together with a photocopy of the bill of sale for that product, a detailed description of the problem, and any information necessary for return shipment.