Solar helipad lights and heliport lighting systems are a dependable alternative to a generator or grid-powered lighting for ground, rooftop, offshore, temporary or remote heliports. A704-VL helicopter landing zone lights meet traditional heliport lighting requirements in an easy-to-install, low maintenance package.
Our helipad landing lights are ICAO and FAA compliant, third-party tested and available in 3 solar engine sizes. Built on a proven technology platform, we can customize helipad landing light systems for the world’s toughest environments.
Limited crew, no trenching, no airfield interruptions. Just place the A704-VL heli light and it emits light dusk-to-dawn while maintaining its battery.
The A704-VL integrates solar panels, battery, electronics and LED light source into a compact, stand-alone unit requiring minimal maintenance for 7 years. The replaceable battery extends service life well beyond 5 years.
The energy management system (EMS) monitors all operations to provide consistent output in the harshest environments. Testing to ICAO, FAA and MIL specifications ensures high performance for many years.
With thousands of installations worldwide, Flash Technology solar LED lights operate year-round at over 500 airports and military bases.
- High-powered LEDs meet IES LM-80 lumen maintenance, ensuring consistent photometrics for life of product
- ICAO, SAE25050 (FAA) and FAA EB 67 compliant chromaticity
- NVG-compatible infrared LEDs
- Steady-on and flash, IR-only mode
- Compact: 12.4 lbs (5.6 kg)
- Standard: 15.3 lbs (6.9 kg)
- Large: 24.5 lbs (11.1 kg)
- High-efficiency cells with blocking diodes
- Maximum power point tracking with temperature compensation (MPPT-TC) for optimal energy collection in all solar conditions
- Compact (60X): 4.2V, 15 Ahr
- Standard (96E): 4.2V, 24 Ahr
- Large (200BC): 4.2V, 50 Ahr
- Pure-lead VRLA AGM battery with manufacturer operating range -65 to 80°C (-85 to 176°F)
- On-board battery status
- Designed for 5+ year battery life; Replaceable and recyclable
- Optional port for battery charging and cabled operation
- 2500 cycles or a 7-year lifetime on average
Energy Management System (EMS)
- Intelligent, microprocessor EMS
- Push button interface for local control
- Autonomous, temporary and emergency modes
Automatic Light Control (ALC)
- When enabled, automatically adjusts to low levels of sunlight to ensure continued operation
- Premium, UV-resistant polycarbonate lens (jet blast resistent glass lens available
- Corrosion-resistant, powder-coated aluminum chassis with integrated handle
- Waterproof, vented battery compartment
- -22 to 122ºF (-30 to 50ºC) optimal
- -40 to 176ºF (-40 to 80ºC) maximum
Wind & Ice Loading
- 400 mph (644 kph) wind; 0.03 psi (22 kg/m2) ice
Shock & Vibration
- MIL-STD-202G and MIL-STD-810G
- EN 60529 IP 67 immersion
- MIL-STD-202G immersion & damp heat cycling
- MIL-STD-810G rain & salt fog
- Tempered Glass
- Wireless (900 MHz)
- Wireless (2.4 GHz)
- Charge Port
- Military Charge Port