Solar Lighted Windsock Assembly
This complete windsock assembly incorporates four LED lights, a 140watt multicrystalline solar module, and 110Ah SLA battery. The AV-WC-L can be installed immediately and requires no costly underground wiring. Avlite’s unique light mounting wing design directs the light towards the windsock and prevents stray light to ensure the pilot isn’t distracted upon landing.
- Integrated solar/battery system
- Independent from mains power
- Each AV-09 light incorporates a 3watt ultra-high intensity LED as a light source offering up to 100,000 hours of service - no need to change any globes!
- 140watt solar module
- 2 x 55Ah SLA batteries
- Vandal resistant battery enclosure
- 4m (12ft) UV treated windsock
Optional Radio Control
The AV-WC-L is also available with Radio Control, whereby lights can be operated by a wireless handheld controller, which enables personnel to remotely activate the windsock light.
Optional Pilot Activated Lighting Control
The AV-WC-L can be integrated to Avlite's Pilot Activated Lighting Controller (AV-PALC-01), to allow approaching aircraft to activate the windsock light on unmanned aerodromes.