The REIL system is used to identify the threshold (approach end) of a visual or instrument non-precision runway and provides guidance to pilots during approach for landing. The Runway End Identification Light consists of two unidirectional simultaneous flashing lights. A light is located at each side of the runway threshold. The lights have a beam coverage of 10° vertically and 30° horizontally with a flash rate of two flashes per second. The REIL meets the photometric beam requirements for MALSR, SSALR and ALSF-I/II.
The integrated solar module and battery system offers considerable savings in power and installation costs. The solar module can be angled to maximise solar collection to charge the battery. Contact your Avlite representative to determine the solar system suitable for your location.
- Long LED life
- Low Power Draw – entire system draws less than 40 Watts
- Improved safety – low voltage 24 VDC model
- Nominal intensity – 15,000 effective candelas
- Beam Coverage – 10° vertically, 30° horizontally
- Flash rate: two flashes per second
- Separation: Control unit can be mounted in excess of 500 feet from flash head
- Remote Control: ON/OFF, 3-step intensities
- Meets photometric beam requirements for MALSR, SSALR, and ALSF-I / II
- Voltage-powered- 24VDC solar powered